Sure, rain can be a huge bummer when it bombards it’s way into our lives at inopportune times. Sometimes it even ruins events, like it recently did for Googa Mooga in Brooklyn a few weeks ago.
But rain doesn’t always have to be a bummer — if you don’t let it be!
Here are my favorite “silver linings” about a rainy day:
- At least the city is getting a bath – NYC can always use one!
- It gives me a reason to stay in for the day and power through my to-do list – in my jammies!
- A thunderstorm can bring romantic magic to a first date (as I experienced for the first time last week)
- It gives you an excuse to stay in on a Friday night with a good friend & a bottle of wine (BONUS: you have a relaxing soundtrack – and it’s surround-sound!)
- You can look forward to celebrating the sunshine that always ends up following sooner or later!
Bonus: Whenever I see a fun umbrella, I think of an old post, Joyous Joy 14: Finding the Sunshine on a Rainy Day which always makes me smile 🙂
How does rain bring you joy?