Autumn and I have a precarious relationship. Every year I make the same statements (in this order).
1. “You like Fall? I don’t! All it means is that Winter is around the corner! And I HATE the cold! Why do I still live on the East coast?!”
2. “Okay, okay, if I go into Fall with this negative of an attitude, it’ll ruin this season that others seem to love so much. I am going to focus on the positive!”
3. “Look how beautiful these Fall colors are! Maybe it isn’t such a horrible season after all”
4. “Ugh! It’s getting colder – BOOOOO!”
5. “The best thing about cold weather is that I can do more cooking (since my NYC apartment literally turns into a sauna when the oven is on in the summer”
6. “Okay,” I reflect. “Get over yourself. There is no way you can control the weather. Just enjoy the endless supply of roasted vegetables and snuggling with your blankies.”
Any advice you can give to help me further appreciate Fall would be MUCH appreciated!