This is a video of me telling the story of my internship interview at PRx Strategic Communications. It is such a funny story that I wanted to share it with all of you too – in case you aren’t following my professional blog to hear The Red Currant Story.
This bush stopped me in my tracks yesterday. How lucky am I to walk past it each day?
Autumn and I have a precarious relationship. Every year I make the same statements (in this order).
1. “You like Fall? I don’t! All it means is that Winter is around the corner! And I HATE the cold! Why do I still live on the East coast?!”
2. “Okay, okay, if I go into Fall with this negative of an attitude, it’ll ruin this season that others seem to love so much. I am going to focus on the positive!”
3. “Look how beautiful these Fall colors are! Maybe it isn’t such a horrible season after all”
4. “Ugh! It’s getting colder – BOOOOO!”
5. “The best thing about cold weather is that I can do more cooking (since my NYC apartment literally turns into a sauna when the oven is on in the summer”
6. “Okay,” I reflect. “Get over yourself. There is no way you can control the weather. Just enjoy the endless supply of roasted vegetables and snuggling with your blankies.”
Any advice you can give to help me further appreciate Fall would be MUCH appreciated!
Circa 1983: Best Grandma ever in my book and I am sure my cousins would agree!
When home in Ohio I found my favorite photo of my late Grandma and me as a toddler. She and I were very close and spent a considerable amount of time together.
She lived in a nursing home for the last years of her life. She wasn’t thrilled about it and I couldn’t blame her. So I made it a point to stop by at least once a week to cheer her up. Continue reading
Cutest little bulldog EVER!
So I am typing away at my “desk” at The NYC Bagel & Coffee House when I see this little guy across the room. It was love at first sight! When T-Bone’s mommy turned around she could see the excitement in my eyes!
I asked if I could pet him and she asked me to hold him while she put cream in her coffee. I SERIOUSLY squealed out loud!
Not sure if anything can top this joy today! And it has already been a pretty stellar day!
Have your Joyous Joy yet today?
Saw this window display while walking through Grand Central Station last night. Even though I was in a rush I took a minute to stop and check it out. And with a big smile, I snapped this pic and planned this post.
It made me think of my Mom because she loves flowers and collects tea pots. It’s almost like this display was made for her.
View from my office 🙂 reading about financial planning for my new business sitting indian-style and wrapped in a blanket with a purring kitty staring up at me 🙂
Who knew finance could be so joyful?
The 2013 Committee for Children of Bellevue Hospital’s 17th Annual Toast to the Children Fundraiser.
This “wine and food sampling extravaganza” exceeded my expectations this year!
Can’t wait till next year!