This is a video of me telling the story of my internship interview at PRx Strategic Communications. It is such a funny story that I wanted to share it with all of you too – in case you aren’t following my professional blog to hear The Red Currant Story.
Meet Lobby the Lobster.
I love succeeding at everything I do – and my great friend Sharla this morning proved that I have yet again!
Here is a comment she left on my Facebook wall that made me “awwwwww” out loud.
This bush stopped me in my tracks yesterday. How lucky am I to walk past it each day?
Autumn and I have a precarious relationship. Every year I make the same statements (in this order).
1. “You like Fall? I don’t! All it means is that Winter is around the corner! And I HATE the cold! Why do I still live on the East coast?!”
2. “Okay, okay, if I go into Fall with this negative of an attitude, it’ll ruin this season that others seem to love so much. I am going to focus on the positive!”
3. “Look how beautiful these Fall colors are! Maybe it isn’t such a horrible season after all”
4. “Ugh! It’s getting colder – BOOOOO!”
5. “The best thing about cold weather is that I can do more cooking (since my NYC apartment literally turns into a sauna when the oven is on in the summer”
6. “Okay,” I reflect. “Get over yourself. There is no way you can control the weather. Just enjoy the endless supply of roasted vegetables and snuggling with your blankies.”
Any advice you can give to help me further appreciate Fall would be MUCH appreciated!
It’s like sleeping in the fluffiest cloud ever! Once it’s cold though, getting out of bed will be a serious problem!
All is right in the world now that my down comforter and I have reunited. There is simply nothing more comforting than the feeling of sleeping in a fluffy cloud of blankies. In the past week I’ve had the most amazing sleep I’ve had in months.
All summer I have slept terribly. Not only has my “bedmate” been the AC unit in my window, but my blanket was just plain lame. These “issues” left me chronically exhausted. Even after 9-10 hours of sleep each night!
For the past three years I have been lucky enough to include a very special friend in my life who is caring, honest and generous with his time and love. I always feel grateful for dear friends in my life, but I feel extra lucky to have such a wise and supportive friend who I am able to spend time with regularly.
Speaking of being supportive….David bought the 1st ticket to our Culture Crawl! Here we are enjoying that gorgeous day together.
Lucky for me he lives just a short flight down and I am able to hang out with him at least twice per week. Our conversations are always constructive, uplifting and supportive. Continue reading
Circa 1983: Best Grandma ever in my book and I am sure my cousins would agree!
When home in Ohio I found my favorite photo of my late Grandma and me as a toddler. She and I were very close and spent a considerable amount of time together.
She lived in a nursing home for the last years of her life. She wasn’t thrilled about it and I couldn’t blame her. So I made it a point to stop by at least once a week to cheer her up. Continue reading
If I had a quarter for every time I said this while home in Ohio for the past 12 days – I’d have at least 5 more buckaroos in my pocket.
My days were full of fun and productivity as I continued to plow forward on building my new business, Red Currant Media. I even posted pics on my company Facebook Page about some of the neat “office spaces” I created throughout my parents’ home and backyard. Full of lush green trees and chirping birds, it was a welcome change to the sounds of city living.
I do want to assure you that my trip was also filled with all sorts of fun. Here are some pics of the most joyous events! Continue reading